14 October, 2015
Posted in : Break Fast , Snacks on October 14, 2015 by : Lakshmi Tags: onion , potato , tomato , vermicelli
VERMICELLI UPMA is another South Indian popular breakfast. VERMICELLI UPMA / SEMIYA UPMA is one of my most favorite breakfast which has an awesome taste . VERMICELLI UPMA is not only delicious but nutritious too.
Come on lets enjoy…..
- Vermicelli -1 cup
- Green chilies -5 small or 3big (as per your taste)
- Salt -1 ½ tbsp (as per your taste)
- Potato -1m
- Tomato -1m
- Onion -1m
- Ground nuts -2 tbsp
- Oil -3 tbsp
- Channa dal -1-2 tbsp
- Water -3 cups
- Ghee -1 tbsp
- Wash and peel the potato’s skin.
- Chop the potato, tomato & onion into small pieces.
- Heat kadai add oil, green chilies and fry for few seconds.
- Add onions, tomatoes and salt and fry for few seconds.
- Now add potatoes and fry for few seconds.
- Add ground nuts & channa dal & cashews and fry for 1min.
- Add water and boil (by covering the kadai with lid) it until potatoes gets cooked.
- While boiling, heat a tawa, add ghee and after ghee melts add semiya or vermicelli and fry until it gets golden color.
- After potatoes gets cooked add semiya and mix well and cook (by covering the kadai with lid) until semiya gets cooked or water is absorbed fully by semiya.
- Now you can switch off the flame and enjoy the taste.
Delicious and nutritious tiffin is ready for enjoying.