TENDLI WITH CHANA MASALA GRAVY has nice flavored gravy which gives an excellent taste to the curry. This curry has an unique taste. This curry has simple process & every one enjoys this curry. It perfectly goes well with rice / roti.
- Tendli – 15 – 20 medium size
- Onions – 2 medium
- Ground nuts – 3 tbsp
- Chana dal – 2 tbsp
- Garlic – 5 pods
- Ginger – 2 inches
- Jeera – ½ tbsp
- Coriander seeds – ½ tbsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tbsp
- Salt – 1 ½ tbsp (as per your taste)
- Chilly powder – 1 ½ tbsp (as per your taste)
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Water – more than 1/4th cup
- Wash the tendli thoroughly.
- Slit the tendli vertically into 4 slices.
- Chop the onions into medium pieces.
- Take a mixy jar add chana dal, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, salt, chilly powder, turmeric powder, onions, ginger & garlic and make them into fine paste with the help of water.
- Heat a mini pressure cooker or kadai, add butter then above gravy and fry it until oil oozes from its surrounding.
- Now add tendli pieces and fry for few seconds.
- Add coriander leaves and fry for few seconds.
- Now add water and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
Now mouth watering curry is ready for serving 🙂 .
- If you prepare this curry in kadai then you need more quantity of water(more than ½ glass).
- You have to stir the curry for every 2-3 min until tendli pieces gets cooked.
- Make sure while buying tendli is tender or not.