TENDLI PAKODA CURRY is very easy to prepare. The pakoda batter forms crispy texture around the tendli which has an excellent taste. It is one of the best curries to prepare when guests are arriving. If I prepare this curry I will finish in one sitting 🙂 . It goes well with rice & it will be a good side dish for dal rice / sambar rice.
- Tendli – 15
- Besan / chickpea flour – 10 – 12 tbsp
- Salt – 2 tbsp
- Cooking soda – a pinch
- Chilly powder – 2 tbsp
- Oil for deep frying
- Wash and slit the tendli vertically into 4 pieces.
- Heat a kadai & heat the oil for deep frying.
- Take a bowl add besan, salt, chilly powder, cooking soda & mix well.
- Now add tendli & mix once again.
- Add water and mix like a thick batter (thicker than regular pakoda batter).
- Now test the oil is in correct temperature or not for frying by adding one small piece of tendli if that patty comes up in few seconds means oil is perfect for frying.
- Add one by one tendli pieces & fry until you get nice golden color (fry on medium flame).
- Repeat the same for rest of the tendli.
Now enjoy this awesome curry with rice.
- The batter should be thick.
- Fry tendli on medium flame.
- Use tender tendli only to get better crispy taste.