meal maker curry has very simple process & taste is ultimate. meal maker gravy is an indian side dish which goes well with chapathi, rice, roti or poori. showing this meal maker recipe with step by step photos. We can say this soya chunks curry recipe is one of the healthy recipes. i will prepare regularly this mealmaker curry because it is my favorite and has very simple process to prepare.
Every one must try this meal maker curry because meal maker is a good source of protein. Kids too enjoy this meal maker recipe. Soak meal maker or soya chunks in water at least 30 min, so that they will cook perfectly.
Soya Chunks contain more protein than protein found in wheat, egg, milk and meat. meal maker gravy will goes very well with rice / roti/ briyani / dal rice. if you want some richness to the dish just add some cashews when preparing masala for meal maker.
try other different meal maker recipes.
looking for other indian curries then check
The given measurements in the meal maker curry perfectly suits for 2 people, just double the ingredient quantity for more people.
how to make meal maker curry
- 1.meal maker or soya chunks– 25 NO
- 2.onions- 3 MEDIUM
- 3.coriander seeds – ½ TBSP
- 4.cumin seeds – ½ TBSP
- 5.salt -1 ½ – 1¾THTBSP(AS PER YOUR TASTE)
- 6.chilly powder – 1- 1 ½ TBSP(AS PER YOUR TASTE)
- 7.turmeric powder- ¼TH TBSP
- 8.oil – 3TBSP
- 9.water – ¼TH – ½ C
- Wash and soak the meal makers for at least 30 mins..
- Take a mixy jar add cumin seeds, coriander seeds, salt, chilly powder, turmeric powder, onions and make them into fine paste with the help of water.
- Heat a mini pressure cooker or kadai, add oil then add above gravy and fry until it oozes out oil from its surrounding.
- Now add the soaked meal makers and fry for few seconds.
- Now add water and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- enjoy meal maker curry recipe.
You have to stir the curry for every 2-3 min until meal maker pieces gets cooked.
how to make meal maker recipe with step by step photos
- Wash the soya chunks thoroughly. now add water (you should add water until meal makers are completely immersed) and soak the meal makers for at least 30 mins.
- Take a mixy jar add cumin seeds, coriander seeds, salt, chilly powder, turmeric powder, onions and make them into fine paste with the help of water. in this step to save time i have added all raw ingredients i did not fry any of them, in case you want to fry the masala gravy then fry all the ingredients and cool them and make them into fine paste.
- Heat a mini pressure cooker or kadai, add oil then add above gravy and fry until it oozes out oil from its surrounding (you have to make sure that oil should oozes out from the gravy then only go for next step otherwise the curry wont get nice taste – who are new to cooking you have to be careful at this step)
- Now add the soaked meal makers and fry for few minutes like 3 minutes, to avoid raw flavor.
- Now add water and pressure cook for 3 whistles. i have added 1/4 cup of water to cook the curry, in case you have added more water then after cooker gets cooled remove the lid and fry the curry on medium flame until the water gets evaporated. enjoy the meal maker curry with rice or roti.
Note on meal maker gravy
- If you prepare this curry in kadai then you need more quantity of water (more than ½ glass).
- You have to stir the curry for every 2-3 min until meal maker pieces gets cooked.
- after meal maker gets cooked and water evaporated fry the curry for few seconds and switch off the flame.