SEMOLINA CHAPATI are made by semolina & wheat flour which is an excellent combination. We can say these semolina chapatis are alternative for regular chapatis. The DRUMSTICK CURRY WITH CASHEW NUT GRAVY curry is an excellent combination for this chapatis. We can have these chapatis for breakfast/snack/light meal.
- Semolina – 1/2 cup
- Wheat flour – 1/2cup
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tbsp (as per your taste)
- Ghee – 2 tbsp and few tbsp for cooking
- Milk or water – close to ½ cup
- Curd – 1 tbsp
- Rice flour or wheat flour(required while rolling) – 2 – 3 tbsp
- Take a bowl add semolina, wheat flour, salt, sugar, ghee , curd and mixwell.
- Knead the dough by adding milk or water and knead very well(dough should be soft).
- Keep it aside for 10 min.
- Divide the dough into desired sized round balls.
- Take rice flour or wheat flour in small bowl .
- Now dip this ball into flour and keep on rolling board and roll it (if you want sprinkle this flour while rolling).
- Roll the ball up to your desired thickness and length.
- Heat tawa and apply ghee on tawa and place chapathi on tawa, now apply ghee on upper side of the chapathi.
- Now flip the chapathi to the other side after you got bubbles.
- Cook the chapathi up to you got nice golden color spots on both sides.
Semolina chapathis are ready for serving. Serve this with pickle or curd or any gravy curry.