13 October, 2015
Posted in : Break Fast on October 13, 2015 by : Lakshmi Tags: maida , salt , Sugar , wheat flour
RUMALI ROTI is a thin flat Indian bread. This is one of the version to prepare rumali roti. You can have rumali roti with any rich gravy curries like DRUMSTICK CURRY WITH CASHEW NUT GRAVY which has an awesome taste
- Wheat flour – ½ cup
- All purpose flour (maida) – ½ cup
- Salt – 1 tbsp
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Water/milk – nearly to ½ cup
- Ghee – 1 ½ tbsp
- Rice flour or wheat flour(required while rolling) -2-3tbsp
- Take bowl add wheat flour, all purpose flour, salt, sugar, ghee and mix well.
- Knead the dough by adding milk or water and knead very well (dough should be soft).
- Keep it aside for 10 min.
- Divide the dough into desired sized round balls.
- Take rice flour or wheat flour in small bowl.
- Take two equal balls & dip these balls into flour and keep one chapati dough on ball rolling board and roll it upto you got 5 inches length.
- Repeat same for the second chapati ball.
- Now keep the two balls one on other and roll upto desired thickness and length(should be very thin & before keeping on tawa stretch the roti with your hands).
- Heat tawa and apply ghee on tawa and place roti on tawa, now apply ghee on upper side of the roti.
- Now flip the roti to the other side after you got bubbles.
- Cook the roti up to you got nice golden color spots on both the sides.
- Separate the roti into two rotis after the roti is little bit cooled (roti will be separated when the roti is hot).
Rumali Rotis are ready for serving. Serve rotis with any gravy curries, pickle or curd.