pulusu upma or tamarind upma recipe with step by step photos. Pulusu pindi is popular in Andhra. This upma recipe is prepared by rice flour, it has nice sour & sweet flavors. If you want to prepare your breakfast in less than 15 minutes then you can try this upma recipe. This upma recipe has a delicious taste. Every one can prepare this pulusu upma or tamarind upma it has very simple process. You can have this upma recipe in snack time too. we at home call this upma recipe as pulusu pindi.
if you are looking for some other easy indian breakfast recipe then check
Ingredients used in pulusu upma recipe
- Rice flour – 1cup
- Onions – 2 medium
- Green chilies – 5 small or 3 large (as per your taste)
- Salt – 1 ½ tbsp (as per your taste)
- Oil – 5 tbsp
- Mustard seeds,urad dal, jeera
- Curry leaves – few leaves
- Tamarind – 2 inches
- Jaggery or sugar – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4th tbsp
- Water – 1 cup
tamarind upma recipe with step by step photos
- Wash and chop / slit green chilies, keep aside.
- Chop the onions into cubes.
- Take a kadai on stove add oil, after it gets hot add mustard seeds then add urad dal & jeera.
- Now add chopped green chilies & fry for 1 min.
- Now add tamarind, water, salt and jaggery or sugar.
- After water gets boiled (as shown in pic) add rice flour little by little.
- Mix continuously other wise it gets stick to kadai.
- After flour gets mixed with water completely (as shown in pic) add some oil and fry for 2-3 min & switch off the flame.
Now you can enjoy this easy and delicious south indian upma recipe in morning or as a snack in evening.
You can have this upma recipe by mixing with curd or butter milk.