3 December, 2015
POTATO CURRY WITH CAPSICUM GRAVY
POTATO CURRY WITH CAPSICUM GRAVY is very delicious curry. In this curry the gravy is prepared by capsicum. Capsicum? Yes we are preparing the gravy with capsicum which gives an excellent taste to the potatoes. This is a good alternative for regular capsicum & potato fry curry / masala curry. This curry goes well with rice/rotis.
I am enjoying the taste, so you…
- Potatoes – 3 medium
- Capsicum – 1 – 1 ½ medium
- Green chilies – 1 -2 big (as per your taste)
- Onions – 2 medium
- Cashew nuts – 8
- Cumin seeds – ½ tbsp
- Coriander seeds – ½ tbsp
- Ginger & garlic – 2 inch & 5 pods
- Salt – 1 ½ tbsp (as per your taste)
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Water – 1/4th cup
- Chop the onions.
- Wash & chop the capsicum & potatoes.
- Take a mixy jar add capsicum pieces, green chilies, onions, cashew nuts, cumin & coriander seeds, ginger & garlic, salt & make them into fine paste by adding water.
- Heat a mini pressure cooker or kadai, add oil & gravy, fry it until oil oozes out from the surroundings of the gravy.
- Now add potato pieces and fry for few seconds.
- Add some water and cook for 3 whistles.
Now time to enjoy this wonder full & healthy curry with your family & friends.
- If you prepare this curry in kadai then you need more quantity of water(more than ½ glass).
- You have to stir the curry for every 2-3 min until potato pieces gets cooked.