POORI/PURI is a deep fried indian bread which has a great taste. I have already shown one version of Poori ie. POORI WITH WHEAT FLOUR & SEMOLINA, now i am showing another version of poori ie. POORI(WITH WHEAT FLOUR). The excellent side dish for poori is aloo curry. You can have this poori for breakfast/light meal/snack.
- Wheat flour -1/2cup
- Sugar -1tbsp
- Salt -1tbsp (as per your taste)
- Ghee -2 tbsp and few tbsp for cooking
- water -little bit less than ½ cup
- Oil for deep frying
- Oil required while rolling
- Take a bowl add wheat flour, salt, sugar, ghee & mix well.
- Knead the dough by adding water and knead very well (dough should be thight not like chapathi dough).
- Keep it aside for 10 min.
- Divide the dough into desired sized round balls.
- Now take a round ball on to a rolling board (if you want apply oil on rolling board before rolling) & flatten with fingers.
- Roll the ball up to your desired thickness (little bit more than the chapathi’s thickness) and length (shorter than the chapathi’s length).
- In the mean keep a kadai with oil on stove for deep frying the pooris.
- Before frying the pooris, check whether oil is heated or not by adding a pinch of dough into the oil, if the dough came up from bottom of the oil with in seconds then it is the right time to fry the pooris.
- Now add the poori and immediately tap on top of the poori with help of spatula so that they puff like a balloon.
- Flip the poori to the other side once the down side of the poori got little golden color.
- After other side too got the color take from the oil with help of slotted spatula (shake up an down in kadai while taking from the oil , so that excess oil will drop into the kadai from holes of the slotted spatula).
- Repeat the same for rest of the pooris.
Hot hot pooris are ready for serving. Serve this with most popular aloo curry or any gravy curry.