11 December, 2015
LADY’S FINGER CASHEW GRAVY CURRY
LADY’S FINGER CASHEW GRAVY CURRY has a unique taste. This gravy gives excellent flavors to the curry. The gravy is prepared by the combination of curd, cashews & boiled onions which has an excellent taste. This curry goes well with rotis rather than rice.
- Lady’s fingers – 12 – 15
- Potato – 2 medium
- Onions – 3medium
- Cashews – 8 – 10
- Cardamom – 2 cloves
- Coriander seeds – ½ tbsp
- Cumin seeds – ½ tbsp
- Poppy seeds –1 ½ tbsp
- Salt – 1 ½ tbsp (as per your taste)
- Chilly powder – 1 ½ tbsp (as per your taste)
- Ginger & garlic – 1 inch & 4 – 5 pods
- Curd – 3 – 4 tbsp
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Water – 1/4th cup
- Wash and chop the lady fingers into small pieces (like 1 inch).
- Wash & peel the skin of potatoes and chop them into pieces.
- Peel the skin of onions and cut them into two slices and boil them for 4 – 5 min & make them cool.
- Now take a mixy jar add onions, cashew nuts, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, salt, chilly powder, ginger & garlic, cardamom (ad only seeds), poppy seeds & them into fine paste with help of water.
- Heat a mini pressure cooker or kadai, add oil then add lady finger’s & potato pieces and fry for few seconds and take them into a plate.
- Now add above gravy and fry it until it oozes out oil from its surrounding (if it is getting thick then add some water).
- Now add curd and mix thoroughly.
- Add fried lady finger’s & potato pieces and fry for 2 min.
- Now add water and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
Now time to enjoy this wonderful curry with rice/rotis
- If you prepare this curry in kadai then you need more quantity of water(more than ½ glass).
- You have to stir the curry for every 2-3 min until lady’s finger & potato pieces gets cooked.