kakinada kaja recipe: step by step photos. kakinada kaja is my most favorite sweet. Of course kakinada kaja is favorite sweet for all of us. In my childhood, every time I am very much awaited to eat kakinada khaja sweet. Every time while I am enjoying this kakinada kaja sweet I wonder how they will prepare this delicious kakinada khaja sweet. So this time I prepared this kakinada kaja for all of us and they came out very well.
I enjoyed kakinada kaja a lot with my family, So you.
kakinada kaja ingredients
- All purpose flour / maida – 3/4th cup & some more for sprinkling
- Besan / chick pea flour – 1/4th cup
- Sugar – 3/4th – 1 cup (as per your taste)
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Water – ½ cup for kneading the dough & ½ cup for syrup
- Cardamom – 2 pods
- Lemon juice – 3/4th tbsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Baking soda – ½ tbsp
- Oil for deep frying
how to make kakinada khaja recipe with step by step photos
- Take bowl add maida, besan, salt, baking soda, ghee & mix nicely.
- Now add water & knead like soft dough.
- Rest the dough for atleast 3 hrs.
- Now divide the dough into medium size balls.
- Sprinkle some maida on a plate / any flat surface/ rolling board.
- Now take one dough ball & roll it vertically like long rope.
- Now slightly press the dough with your fingers to flatten it.
- Divide the dough into desired portions with the help of knife.
- In the mean time heat oil for deep frying.
- Now test the oil is in correct temperature or not for frying kajas by adding a small pinch of dough, if that comes up in few seconds means oil is perfect for frying.
- Now add kajas one by one and fry them on medium flame until you get nice golden color.
- While frying the kaja rotate the oil with long spoon to get even color to all the kajas.
- Repeat the same for the rest of the kajas.
- In the mean time, prepare the sugar syrup.
- Take a bowl / kadai (keep wider one) add sugar, water and heat the syrup.
- After you switched on the stove immediately add lemon juice to avoid crystallization of sugar.
- Once sugar dissolved in water add cardamom.
- Boil the syrup until you get nice sticky texture (switch off the stove before you get single strand consistency).
- Now add all the fried kajas one by one slowly.
- After adding the kajas immerse them into syrup & press them for 30 seconds in sugar syrup.
- Soak the kajas in sugar syrup for 40 min.
Now serve this delicious & lovely kakinada kaja with your family & friends.
- Don’t add more lemon juice.
- Fry the kaja on medium flame only.
- Soak them in sugar syrup for minimum 40 min.