25 August, 2015
GROUND NUTS CHUTNEY
Ground nuts chutney or pea nut chutney is a very simple and quick recipe. It goes well with dosas or idlies or with rice. We can say this chutney is one of the default chutney for dosas or idlies. We will prepare this chutney with roasted pea nuts & roasted chana dal (some call as chutney dal).It’s has a great flavour with garlic punch.
- Ground nuts – 70 grams
- Roasted chana dal – 2 tsbp
- Salt – 1/2 tbsp (as per your taste)
- Green chilly – 1 small (as per your taste)
- Mustard seeds,cumin seeds,urad dal
- Curry leaves
- Garlic – 2 pods
- In a pan fry the ground nuts till they get light brown color.
- Take them aside in a same pan add some oil fry green chilly and garlic pods for 2-3 min.
- Take them out and cool them.
- In same pan add oil then add mustard seeds,cumin seeds, urad dal and curry leaves fry for 1-2 min and switch off the flame.
- Take a mixy jar and grind ground nuts, garlic, green chilly, salt, roasted chana dal into fine paste with help of water.
- Now take this chutney into serving bowl and mix above tempering with chutney.
You can have this chutney with idli,dosas etc…