bottle gourd recipe | sorakaya curry | bottle gourd recipes for rice chapathi
Serves: 3 people
- 7 inches Bottle gourd
- 1 Large Tomato
- 2 tbsp Maida or all purpose flour
- ½ tsbp cumin seeds or jeera
- ½ tbsp corriander seeds
- ½ tbsp Shahjeera
- 3 tbsp Groundnuts or peanuts
- 1 tbsp Poppy seeds
- 5 pods garlic
- 2 inches Tamarind
- 1 ½ – 2 tbsp Salt
- 1 ½ tbsp chilly powder (as per your taste)
- ½ tbsp Sugar
- 3 tbsp oil
- ¼th cup water
- Wash the bottle gourd.
- Peel the skin of the bottle gourd and cut them into small pieces.
- Wash and chop the tomato into pieces.
- To prepare gravy, take a mixy jar add tomatoes, cumin seeds, shahjeera, salt, chilly powder, coriander seeds, garlic, maida, ground nuts, tamarind, sugar and make all these into fine paste with the help of water.
- I didn’t dry roast any of them I have added directly into the blender, so that we can save time if you want you can dry roast and blend them.
- Heat a mini pressure cooker or kadai, add oil.
- After oil gets heated then add the gravy.
- Fry the gravy until gravy oozes the oil from its surroundings.
- Add bottle gourd pieces and fry for 2 min.
- Add water (add ¼th cup of water) and cook for 3 whistles.
- Have & enjoy this delicious lauki recipe for rice or chapathi or idly.
Recipe by SLS Recipes at http://slsrecipes.com/recipe/lauki-recipe-chapathi-rice/