12 October, 2015
DOSA – SOUTH INDIAN DOSA
Dosa is a very popular breakfast in South India. DOSA – SOUTH INDIAN DOSA is made from fermented urad dal & rice. This time i am showing basic version of dosa. You can have this dosa as breakfast/snack. You can have dosa with ALMOND & GROUNDNUT CHUTNEY, Coconut chutney, BOMBAY/BESAN CHUTNEY or with any dal.
- Urad dal – 1 Cup
- Dosa rice – 3 Cups
- Salt – 2 ½ tbsp – 3 tbsp (as per your taste)
- Wash and soak the urad dal & rice in water (add water until urad dal & rice is completely immersed) for overnight / at least 6 hrs.
- Now drain the water from the urad dal & rice completely and add this urad dal & rice in to mixy jar or grinder and grind it into fine thick paste (while grinding you can add ½ glass of water).
- Take the batter into bowl and adjust the consistency by adding water, now add salt and mix once.
- Ferment the dosa batter for few hours(12 hrs) .
- Heat a pan add 1½ laddle of dosa batter, spread the dosa batter from inner to out side of the pan (spread evenly) with the help of large spoon/laddle.
- Now add oil around the borders of the dosa.
- Once the borders of the dosa got little golden color then flip the dosa to the other side.
- Now cook the other side of the dosa too.
- Repeat the same procedure for remaining batter.
You can have these dosa with Ground nut chutney, Coconut chutney , Bombay chutney, Karam podi or with any dal.