carrot halwa is a carrot pudding which is prepare by carrots, milk, sugar and dry fruits. carrot in hindi known as gajar so gajar ka halwa. this is most famous halwa in india. other halwa recipes are kaddu ka halwa, rice kheer, suji halwa, maida halwa.
carrot halwa is one of the most popular festival sweet. carrot halwa can be prepared for festivals like diwali, pongal, dasara. i prepare this gajar ka halwa whenever there is some special occasion or on festivals. this is my favorite halwa. i have added elachi without skin if you want you can add 1/2 tbsp of powder. always first fry the raisins then fry other dry fruits like almons, cashews. don’t burn any dry fruits while frying because taste will get spoil. if you want you can take them out after frying or keep them in the kadai and continue the recipe process. to get nice crunchy taste in between the halwa while chewing then take them out after roasting.
carrot halwa or gajar ka halwa is very tasty sweet. i have shown this halwa in easy method. i have added carrots in mixi and blended them once, you can grate them if you want. i have added milk in halwa, you can add 3/4th of milk and 1/4th of kova which is sweet less or paneer. this recipe perfectly suits for 2 people. adjust sugar as per your requirement. to get nice taste add correct quantity of ghee to the halwa. to make easier peel the carrots with peeler rather than knife. if you use peeler time wont be wasted and you get only carrot skin. i always use the peeler to peel carrot, potatoes, bottle gourd, beetroot.
ingredients for carrot halwa
- Carrot – 1 Cup
- Sugar – 3/4th – 1 Cup (as per your taste)
- Elachi – 2 pods
- Milk – 1 ½ Cup
- Dry fruits – 10 Cahews & 5 Almonds
- Ghee – 3 – 4 tbsp
step by step instructions for carrot halwa recipe
- Wash the carrots nicely under the water.
- peel the skin of all the carrots with peeler.
- Grate the carrots or chop them and add into mixi jar and blend for once or twice (like a shredded carrot not like a paste).
- Heat a kadai & add ghee.
- after ghee melts and gets hot add dry fruits like raisins, almonds, cashews all chopped.
- and fry for 1 minute.
- Add grated carrot and fry for 2 – 3 minutes on medium flame.
- Now add milk and mix once.
- and boil it (stir in between) until carrot is cooked or the milk quantity is reduced to 1/4th quantity.
- Now add elachi and sugar.
- stir the halwa mixture nicely.
- After milk is absorbed by the carrots switch off the flame.
Enjoy carrot halwa yummy treat. Have it after keeping it in freez, it will be so yummy.