Brinjal gravy curry or gutti vankaya curry is andhra famous dish. Gutti vankaya koora or stuffed egg plant can make with so many variations. This variation is very simple and it’s taste is unbelivable . Once you have this curry you will fall in love with this curry. The gravy has nice sour & sweet flavour. This stuffed egg plant goes well with any indian bread or rice.
Come on I am so hungry lets taste it………
- Brinjals – 7 no(purple brinjals)
- Ground nuts – 1-1 ½ tbsp
- Sesame seeds – 1 ½ tbsp
- Salt – 1 ½ tbsp- 1 3/4th tbsp (as per your taste)
- Chilly powder – /4th tbsp- 1 tbsp(as per your taste)
- Onion – 2m
- Channa dal – 2-3 tbsp
- Jeera – 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander seeds -1/2tbsp
- Oil -3- 4 tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4th tbsp
- Jaggery – 1/4th lemon size
- Tamarind – 3 inches
- Wash the brinjals.
- Slit the brinjals into star or plus shape on topper side with the help of knife.
- Chop the onions.
- Take a mixy jar add cumin seeds, coriander seeds, salt, chilly powder, turmeric powder, tamarind, onions, tomato, channa dal, sesame seeds , ground nuts & and make them into fine paste(add only few drops of water if required).
- Heat a mini pressure cooker or kadai , add oil & add gravy, and fry it for 2 min.
- Now add jaggery and fry the gravy until it oozes out oil from its surroundings.
- Now add these slitted brinjals and fry for few seconds.
- Add some water and cook for 3 whistles.
Enjoy this mouth watering curry with rice or chapathis.