ALOO PALAK is most popular indian curry, every one loves it. To prepare this curry so many versions are there, this time i am showing easiest method to prepare this curry. We can have this curry with rotis/rice. This curry is an excellent side dish for CHAPATI. If your kid/some body in your family is not eating palak then try this curry, they will love it 🙂 .
- Potato – 3 medium
- Tomato – 1 medium
- Palak – 1 small bunch
- Onion -3 medium
- cashew nuts – 12 – 15 no
- Salt -1 ½ tbsp (as per your taste)
- Chilly powder -1 – 1 ½ tbsp (as per your taste)
- Jeera -1tbsp
- Coriander seeds -1tbsp
- Sahijeera -1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder-1/4th tbsp
- Poppy seeds – 2 – 3 tbsp
- Oil -3 tbsp
- Water – 1/4th cup
- Wash & chop the palak leaves & cook them for 5 min.
- Wash & peel the skin of the potatoes.
- Chop the potatoes & tomato into pieces.
- Take a mixy jar add cumin seeds, coriander seeds, salt, chilly powder, turmeric powder, shahjeera, poppy seeds, onions & make them into fine paste with the help of water.
- Now remove the gravy into bowl.
- Now add tomatoes, cashew nuts & cooked palak leaves into mixy jar and make them into fine puree.
- Heat a mini pressure cooker or kadai, add oil & gravy, fry it until oil oozes out from the surroundings of the gravy.
- Then add spinach gravy and cook for 3 min.
- Now add potato pieces and fry for few seconds.
- Add some water and cook for 3 whistles.
Have this delicious curry with rice or chapathis.
- If you prepare this curry in kadai then you need more quantity of water (more than ½ glass).
- You have to stir the curry for every 2-3 min until potato pieces gets cooked.